Supporting Humanity is a mental health and bereavement charity. We aim to help empower, support and uplift all members of the community. Our charity supports residents in 7 Boroughs; Redbridge, Havering, Newham, Barking & Dagenham, Waltham Forest, City & Hackney and Tower Hamlets. As part of our commitment to encourage community spirit and support people's mental health and wellbeing we organise trips primarily for the vulnerable over 60s and youths from our partner Frenford Clubs.
We also support trips on a National basis through partnerships with other charities and communities. Our ambition is to support as many communities across the UK as possible in the future.
You are in safe hands!
We take utmost care and diligence in planning each trip. When you attend one of our trips, we’re here to support you. Your safety, as well as the safety of our volunteers and partners is always our top priority. New safety measures such as temperature checks and our volunteers carrying PPE as well as sanitising equipment is all part of our trip planning.
We encourage attendees to maintain social distancing and wear face masks. We ensure a risk assessment is completed so that we understand and mitigate any risks, this includes first aider provisions. We will also collate information about your health, allergies, disabilities and any food preferences so that we can assess whether the trip is suitable for you and how we may need to support you.
Trip to the beach for over 60s
Trip to Cambridge for over 60s
Natural History Museum & Christmas lights
On the 2nd of August we organised an over 60s trip to Cambridge. The itinerary for the day was a fantabulous all-day experience visiting the Botanical Gardens, Cambridge Central Mosque and the University of Cambridge.
Camber Sands Beach Trip 19th August 2021
After the success of our first trip to Cambridge and by popular demand and request we organised a trip to the beautiful Camber Sands beach. Although the weather was not quite as beach weather, the over 60s as well as the volunteers thoroughly enjoyed the day at the beach. Relaxing and savouring the delectable Indian street food sponsored by Art of Chaat.
We can’t do it without you!
Our charity solely depends on volunteers to support all of our activities, including trips. We would like to express our appreciation for the invaluable support, time and contribution of all our volunteers. We are grateful for the energy, enthusiasm and dedication our volunteers bring, our volunteers make our mission possible. They say the best present you can give a person is your time so a heartfelt thank you to you all.
The list of organisations that need sponsors is endless, so by you choosing to sponsor our trips means so much to us. We really cannot organise these trips without funding and so for everything you have done to everything you still do and will continue to do, we at Supporting Humanity just want to let you know how thankful we are. Your sponsorship gives us the funding to organise and execute our trips to the high standards we do.
Donations allow us to fund our activities including trips, your donations go a long way to supporting the continuation of our work. You as a donator are a special person that changes lives, lifts people up and makes the world a better place. We thank you for your donations and your support for our cause. We request you dig deep and no matter how small you think your donation is, please start donating and continue to donate to our cause.
Last but not least…YOU!
Whether you help someone attend one of our trips by sharing the news, bringing them, helping them with booking or you attended the trip and gave us invaluable feedback….without YOU we cannot be successful in our mission to help people. Please continue to share the news, spread the love and care so that we can all play our part in helping to uplift communities.
Bookings for Trips:
We tend to advertise upcoming trips on our Instagram page – why don’t you join us?
We also circulate promotion via Whats App, twitter and of course good old-fashioned word of mouth. We circulate the link to promote upcoming events via these means for people to book.
To make things simpler and easier for everyone we use a third-party ticket booking system that is automated. We have strict criteria for attendees to ensure ongoing funding and also support our Equality and Diversity Policy. We kindly request that you adhere to all of our terms and conditions for booking for each trip and as highlighted below:
Pick up and drop off point:
We are lucky to have a partnership with Frenford Clubs and therefore are able to use their Car park facilities to register attendees for the day trip and load the coaches.
The Jack Carter Centre,
Please note this may change from time to time and for other Partnership Trips that are located Nationally. Please check the booking in site for your particular trip for the most up to date information.
• Please note tickets should under no circumstances be sold on to others, any changes to attendees must be cancelled via the booking site and new attendees registered via the booking site. Any persons not registered through the booking site will not be permitted to attend
• Please only book tickets based on your ethnicity - we have a quota for each ethnicity and if your ethnicity is unavailable then the ticket quota is sold out. Please do not book on another ethnicity as your booking will be cancelled and you will not be permitted to attend on the day
• Please only book tickets if you reside in one of the following Boroughs: Redbridge, Havering, Newham, Barking & Dagenham, Waltham Forest, City & Hackney and Tower Hamlets. Please do not book if you do not reside in one of these Boroughs as your booking will be cancelled and you will not be permitted to attend on the day
• Please only book a youth/child ticket if our charity has approached your school/organisation and we have an agreement
• For National trips outside of London please stick to the geographical stipulation on the booking site
• Please arrive 30 minutes before the departure time
• You must print and bring/show proof of your ticket on the day
• You must read, understand and agree to our Supporting Humanity Contributor Release Form
• You must ensure that you are fully compliant with government guidance regarding Covid-19 including quarantine requirements
• Temperatures for all attendees will be taken at all events/trips to ensure the safety of all attending
• If you do not wish for us to post your pictures on any of our platforms, please inform the volunteers when they are taking pictures and refuse for pictures to be taken
• Trips/Events are subject to change and cancellation due to Covid-19 restrictions and/or other extenuating circumstances
• We reserve the right to cancel your ticket if you have previously attended our trips. The charity would like to ensure that there is fair opportunity given to people of all ethnic backgrounds and diversity.
Sponsor and Volunteer tickets:
• Please only book a volunteer ticket if you are one of the 6 lead volunteers supporting on the coaches. You are eligible to bring one guest
• Please only book the sponsor ticket if you are an approved sponsor for this trip. Supporting Humanity would like to show our appreciation by allocating you 2 tickets
When you book your ticket please inform us of any:
• Medical conditions/disabilities
• Special dietary requirements
Handy checklist for you on the day to bring/consider:
• Consider allergies
• Mobile phone – (FULLY CHARGED)
• Face Mask
• Spare clothes
• Modest clothes if the event/trip involves visiting a place of worship
• Wear comfortable shows
• Extra snacks/water/beverages
• Picnic blanket if the trip/event is outdoors for lunch
• If any of contact details change for next of kin/personal number, please contact 07404 570 592 to update
After you have completed booking your ticket(s) on the booking in site, you MUST go onto to complete the following steps:
Step 1. Payment of Holding Deposit:
• To secure your booking you MUST pay a holding deposit stipulated on the booking site
• The holding deposit is non-refundable for cancellations and no shows
• A small booking fee will be applied to all bookings and is non-refundable
Step 2. Emailing us the Supporting Humanity Contributor Release Form and ID proof:
• You must read and agree to our Supporting Humanity contributor Release Form. Please take care to read the correct form, there is one for adults and one for children. The Form can be accessed through our website link: Policies and Documents
• You must provide proof of age ID for over 60's (Passport/Bus pass/Driving Licence) by either emailing us photo proof of your ID to firstname.lastname@example.org or bringing proof on the day
If the holding deposit payment, Supporting Humanity Contributor Form and ID proof are not received within 24 hours of booking your ticket(s) then your booking will be cancelled.
If you have any queries, then please email us at email@example.com or call us on 07404 570 592 and leave a message. We will get back to you within 48 hours.
May I take this opportunity to say how humbled and privileged I feel to work as the volunteer Trips Lead for such an amazing charity. I want to sincerely thank each and every one of you for your support and contribution….together we will make a difference.
Trips Lead @Supporting Humanity