The following policies and documents can be found below:
• Equalities Policy
• Complaints Policy
• Supporting Humanity Contributor Release Adults form
• Supporting Humanity Contributor Release Child form
• Emotional support referral form
The purpose of this policy is to protect people, particularly adults, from any harm that may be caused due to their coming into contact with the Supporting Humanity team.
This includes harm arising from:
• The conduct of staff or personnel associated with Supporting Humanity
• The MHS service delivered by the Supporting Humanity team.
• The policy lays out the commitments made by Supporting Humanity and informs all volunteers of their responsibilities in relation to safeguarding.
The policy is based on the following key principles:
1. The empowerment of adults is at the centre of all our work
2. Every person has the right to live free from abuse, neglect and fear
3. Safeguarding adults is everyone s responsibility
4. There is zero tolerance for adult abuse
5. Accountability and transparency is at the centre of our safeguarding work
6. All reports of abuse will be taken seriously and handled appropriately
7. All our adult safeguarding work aims to prevent abuse from happening
8. Appropriate action must be taken where abuse is taking place or suspected and this should be without delay
9. We will work together with all our partner agencies, organisations to ensure we are safeguarding our service users.